🙋Hey there, IDM User! Today I’m going to show you how to stop IDM (Internet Download Manager) from updating. This will help you get rid of those “fake serial number” notifications. Let’s dive into this guide step, by step…
One method to eliminate the IDM Fake Serial Number Popup is, by disabling IDM updates.
Turn off IDM Automatic Updates
There are two ways or methods to turn off Automatic Updates of IDM. Both of these ways are explained step by step, below:
Using Regedit Disable IDM updates
To disable IDM updates, in Windows 10/8/7 we can utilize the Registry Editor. Wondering how? Just follow these instructions.
- First of all, Press Win + R and type regedit in the Run tab.
- After the registry editor opens, from there select HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > DownloadManager.
- Now find the LstCheck or LastCheck file and open it
- Then replace the Value Data with a bigger number and save these changes by clicking on OK.
- After doing all this, restart your Windows PC and you are Done!
- Download IDM Full Version 👀
- Add IDM in Browsers (Chrome, Opera, Edge, etc.)
- Fix the IDM YouTube Panel not Showing
- How to Download Torrent files using IDM
- How to Download Mega files with IDM
Rename IDM Files to Disable IDM Updates
Another way to disable or prevent IDM auto updates is, by changing the names of the IDM files. However, this method can be quite challenging to implement. 😄
- Make sure to close IDM (Internet Download Manager) on your laptop. This includes closing it from both the taskbar and the system tray.
- To begin navigate to the installation folder of IDM. It is typically found in the C;> Program Files> Internet Download Manager directory.
- Locate the file named IDMGrHlp.exe and change its name to idmhelp old.exe.
- Following that proceed to restart your laptop.
- Next, you can navigate back, to the installation folder of Internet Download Manager.
- Choose the file named idmBroker.exe and proceed to rename it as IDMGrHlp.exe.
- After completing the step restart your laptop once more.
- Following these instructions will enable IDM to transition, into its version eliminating any occurrence of fake serial number messages.
To disable updates, for IDM on versions of Windows, like Windows 10 Windows 8 Windows 7 Windows Vista, and even Windows XP you can follow these steps.
I hope you find this post helpful and informative. If you have any questions regarding how to block IDM auto updates please feel free to leave a comment.
🙏 Thank you for visiting crackpropc.one. Please make sure to bookmark our website to download the version of IDM and access helpful posts, for troubleshooting.