We all know that Internet Download Manager (IDM) has a feature that allows us to resume downloads. However, there are files, on the internet with download links that are only valid for a limited time, typically 12 or 24 hours.
If the downloading process isn’t completed within this timeframe IDM notifies you with an expired connection or link message. But here’s some good news; you don’t have to start the download from scratch after reading this post titled “How to continue downloads in Internet Download Manager.”
You can save your internet data by following these steps to resume a failed download, in IDM.
Reason Behind this Error in IDM
For instance numerous websites, on the internet impose a time limit, for completing the downloading process. Once this time limit has expired the download link provided also becomes invalid. Consequently you may encounter errors while attempting to download files.
However Internet Download Manager (IDM) enables you to resume your file download, from the point where you paused. To achieve this please adhere to the following instructions.
How to continue Download of IDM
Make sure that the download file has the capability to resume ensuring that it supports resuming session expired downloads, in IDM.
Now let’s proceed with the steps to resume downloads that have expired sessions in IDM.
- Locate the file, in IDM (Internet Download Manager) that is displaying an error while trying to resume it.
- Right click on the file name in IDM. Choose the option to resume.
- Click “OK” to confirm your selection.
- Copy the URL of the file that just appeared on your Windows PC screen.
- Go back to IDM right click on the file and select “Properties.”
- Paste the copied URL into the Address field, in File Properties.
- Click “OK” to save your changes.
- The download of the file will now resume.
- You have successfully completed all the steps to resume a file in IDM.
- How to add IDM extension in Google Chrome
- How to add IDM extension in Opera
- Fix IDM fake serial number error
- Change IDM language
- How to fix IDM not showing on YouTube
Now It’s Your Turn
I hope that you’re now able to resume your expired download, in Internet Download Manager or IDM. By following these steps you can continue your downloads in IDM. Save both your internet data and time.
Now I have a question, for you; What is the file size you have been able to download using this trick in IDM?
❤️Thank you so much for visiting ❤️