🙏Hey IDM User if you’re dealing with that issue of IDM serial numbers I have a solution, for you. You can try uninstalling IDM and then reinstalling it to fix the problem.
Yes or no?
Usually, we assume that when we uninstall a program or software, from the control panel > Program and features it gets completely removed from our Windows PC. However to IDM you need to follow a few additional steps.
Sure just follow these steps to remove IDM (Internet Download Manager) from your computer. By doing you won’t encounter the Fake Serial Number Notification when you reinstall IDM in the future.
However I would like to recommend that you consider methods, for resolving the issue of a serial number in IDM. I have previously shared some suggestions, on this matter. Already posted in 👇
How to Uninstall IDM Completely from PC
Uninstall IDM from Control Panel
To remove Internet Download Manager (IDM) from your Control Panel follow these steps;
- Begin by opening the Control Panel and selecting the “Programs and Features” option.
- You will now see a list of programs or software that are installed on your Windows PC.
- Locate and select “Internet Download Manager “ then click on the Uninstall button.
- IDM will prompt you to choose between two methods; Default or Full.
- Choose the option then click Next followed by “Finish >.”
- The removal process, for IDM will now commence.
- Once it is finished you will see a message asking you to restart your PC.
- However for now click on Cancel as there are still some remaining steps.
Please note that these instructions are provided in case you wish to remove IDM from your Control Panel.
This is how you can uninstall IDM from the Control Panel on a Windows PC. Now lets move on to the step.
Remove IDM from Regedit
If you have completed the method it’s time to uninstall IDM or Internet Download Manager, from the Windows Registry Editor. Follow these steps;
- Press the Windows Key and R simultaneously to open the Run window.
- Type “regedit”, in the Run window. Click OK.
- Press Ctrl + F to open the window then enter “Internet Download Manager” in the search box. Click Find Next.
- Wait a few seconds for the search results then select all folders and files that include the name “Internet Download Manager” and delete them.
- Done! you have successfully removed IDM from Regedit.
Here’s how you can uninstall IDM using the Registry Editor.
Remove IDM from Regedit
- Navigate to the C drive, on your computer. Locate the Program Files folder.
- Locate the folder named Internet Download Manager and delete it permanently by using the shift+ delete keys.
Lastly, restart your Windows PC for the changes to take effect on IDM data. Afterward, you can reinstall IDM without encountering any number of errors for the next 30 days.
👍 Thanks For Your Visiting! 👍